Saturday, April 29, 2006

6 things

1. my mom is a lesbian--parents were divorced when i was 5ish. she had a serious partner during most of my growing up (grade shool to past high school). the partner had 2 daughters ("my sisters")--when they "broke" up, i lost complete touch with the sisters. Her current, and hopefully last, partner is one year older than i am. she and her SO have been to 3-4 hash events.

2. my dad is the oldest of 7 kids, alter boy, corp at A&M, masters degree in micobiology--now he is a hippy living on a comune is washington state. he goes by "lone turtle." during most of my growing up, he lived in a VW camper van, traveling the US (even alaska), canada, and central america. he'd pick my brother and i up for summer vacations. my mom never asked for or rec'd child support. i think he is one of the smartest men i know. recently he had a stroke, it affected his speech and language areas. he is fine physically. he and his SO have been to a hash.

3. i was in the navy, 2 years active duty--philly, norfolk, st thomas, rio, acapulco, san diego--"did you like it?" yes, now that i am out--it was a real motivator to get a job that i like and that would pay well. i wish i was hashing then.

4. have been an RN for almost 15 years at texas children's hospital--i feel that i am overpaid and underworked. i used to tell alot of people about hashing at work--they all seemed intrested, several came out once.

5. dispite having a hr in the low 50's, fairly good endurance, eat pretty healthy, i am on blood pressure and thyroid meds--fucking genetics! i don't take my BP at work often--i don't like the numbers

6. at any given day, i can tell you my daughters exact age--today, she is 6 years, 4 months, 30 days old. she has hashed several times and was named CAlandar girl.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Awesome....Sounds like you have quite the full life.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

btw,,i have a thyroid question....tried to email you but it didn't go through

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger babyG said...

cool post

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger K said...

Underworked and overpaid? I really need to talk to you about Slack, and the Word of Bob. You may be a SubGenius... I am.
If you don't already know, you can check: www.subgenius.org, or something like that.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Crystal M. Dore said...

Greetings from Arkansas!!!

Your kids are growing up so fast - two beautiful girls. Hope all is going well for you. Miss hanging out with the gang, but I'll just have to cope without you guys. Take care.

Love, Crystal

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home