Tuesday, July 04, 2006

music evolution

I remember way back, in college, part time job, living at home--got that first credit card. After "breaking it in" (dinner with the girlfriend) ---I bought a nice stereo. Pioneer, big floor speakers, dual cassette, turntable, could only play one cd at a time (which was ok, I had a ton cassettes). It was loud--I thought I was hot shit! I could hardly turn it up while my mom was home and when she was not, paint was coming off the walls (not really).

Now, in my first house, the stereo was more important than the TV. I proudly displayed those huge speakers (one on each side of the living room--hid the speaker wire under the carpet. I joined BMG and started replacing the cassettes with cd's, added a cd changer (100, I think it was).

Next thing you know, married, bigger house and I have two 2oo disk cd changers, hidden Bose bookshelf speakers on the cherry wood armoire and 'speaker splitter' and have (hidden) speakers all over the house. My big, nice floor speakers--one broke, the other hooked up in the garage :(

NOW, I have all of my music on my lap top syc'd with my mp3 player--over 5000 songs--mostly from my cd's--very little digital file 'sharing' and no $ downloads. My speakers look like they came from another planet and they are unbelievably LOUD--when I turn them up, my ears hurt. I paid under $40 for them on eBay.

What next???

 Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are SO f-i-n-e.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger All Head, No Shaft said...

And tell me why this blog does NOT suck again....

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whose anonymous?!!!!!!!

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea! i wanna know!!!

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND YES HE'S F-I-N-E
BUT HE'S ALLLLLLL MINE!!!

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's writing this shit?

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you guys have a problem.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger K said...

I like your new aliens. Take me to your liter.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats too funny, you finly get more then one comment and there all anonymous

and U R fine ...lol

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's funny too! Yeh! oK ALREADY He's a good looking guy but if this continues he's going to get a big head.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Gaslight ;-) said...

Apparently it has, if you've seen his avatars :-) hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home